Connect with us

Conductive Paste

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by shmatty, Jun 22, 2015.

1. shmatty

shmatty

Jun 22, 2015
    Hi,

I have never really worked with pastes before and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on good conductive pastes. I am looking to go to high frequencies and I will be making a mask to lay it down so it will need to be able to be screen pressed. ANY advise would help me a lot.

Thanks

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Solder paste?

It's not conductive as a paste, but when you heat it to the melting point of solder it becomes metallic.

Gee -- screen printing PCB's. That would be cool!

The other option is some sort of silver containing "ink" there are several available.

shmatty likes this.
  3. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Steve, I've seen a number of these types of projects coming up in kickstarters and hackaday projects.
    They do have a conductive ink allowing you to print your PCB out of an inkjet printer... bit the ink's resistance is too high to do most projects with

http://makezine.com/2014/03/27/quickly-prototypes-circuits-with-new-inkjet-printable-conductive-ink/

4. shmatty

shmatty

Jun 22, 2015
    I ended up buying Pelco Colloidal Silver paste from Ted Pella it seems to work pretty well. It is a little more viscous than I would have wanted but the resistivity is pretty low and it can also act as a minor adhesive which will come in helpful for my project.

Ask a Question