Connect with us

conductive adhesive !!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by spike47, Aug 23, 2009.

1. spike47

spike47

Aug 11, 2009
    Hi

I have a slight problem with a component on the motherboard of my dell laptop , I was repairing the power socket and I must of knocked moved one of the small ,( I think they are capacitors ) , now I seem to recall awile back that I tried to solder one of these back on and melted the brown stuff that is between the contacts , so I was wondering if that could of been corect !! , I dont want to put the soldering iron to it , to see , maybe someone know's what these are , it only seems to be a thin coating of solder or whatever it is on the sides of this component , anyway I attached a photo of it , ( in position ) .

cheers

spike

Attached Files:

2. amdNRA

amdNRA

Sep 3, 2009
    Basically, what you want to do is to reuse/use the solder on the pad and reflow it. The key is to use a low wattage soldering iron with a small tip and not to let it sit on the connection for a long period of time. Has the part become completely separated from the motherboard? Set the part on top and reflow the solder. If you don't have enough solder, just melt a tiny bit of solder onto the pad using a 15watt soldering iron and then place the part on top of the solder points and reflow the solder very quickly to produce a good connection. Make sure the tip is clean and well tinned. Or is it still attached and just needs a bit of solder?
    Hope this helps, Gil. :cool:

3. neon

neon

Oct 21, 2006
    A brown stuff like copper? i hope it is standard procedure to wik the copper with a #30 gauge wire and conncet the devices.. bigger gauge can be used if so calledfor.yes there is conductive epoxy to do that like a glue but I recomencd the wire fix

Ask a Question