Connect with us

Computer Speakers

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by rick_the_ruler, Aug 19, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. rick_the_ruler

rick_the_ruler

Aug 19, 2011
    I just moved and had my computer speakers (kilpsch 2.1 promedia, i recommend them) in a pretty humid basement for about 2 weeks. today i plugged them in and blew the main fuse. I replaced it and it blew again, instantly. Is it possible it is shorting out as a result of the damp basement? I've got it in a rice bag right now to hopefully remove any moisture, just wanted to know if basement humidity could cause such a problem.

2. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    PC speakers

if your not overloading them, the slight humidity is no great for electricals. But unlikley to cause a fuse to blow. Sounds more like short circuit, other members will elaberate on your problem if they see other would be problems. Dave.

3. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Yes, is unlikely that dampness (short of condensation) will cause (mains) fuses to blow.
    Does this page represent the Klipsch speaker system you got? There are diagrams.
    When you say main fuse do you mean the 2A slo-blo in the sub?
    Did you try to disconnect the satellites/pod?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
Ask a Question