Connect with us

Computer Monitor Repair Question

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by [email protected], Feb 24, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    The monitor that I have has a 15 pronged male plug that plugs into my
    computer. Several of the prongs are badly bent, precluding plugging in
    the monitor. Any suggestions for repair, and if not, are there
    replacement connecting plugs available?
  2. Ken Weitzel

    Ken Weitzel Guest


    If you just want to plug it in once and leave it without
    the necessity of changing monitors once in a while, then
    you might be able to carefully straighten them with a
    pair of long nose pliers, insert it once, and be in

    If that won't do, then you may be better off just picking
    up a dead monitor and salvaging the whole input cable
    from it.

    Take care.

  3. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    Radio Shack at least used to sell the connector, put installing it is no
    picnic. I would just replace the whole cable, if you can't find one locally
    I can send you one for the cost of shipping.
  4. x-no-archive:yes

    It's called a 15-way High Density Male D-Connector. Replacing
    it can be tricky, especially if there's a big "blob" of a
    ferrite core on the cable right next to the plug. But it is
    usually possible with care.

  5. The proper name is HDE15:

    The H is for high density.
    The D is for "D" shell, the shape of the connector.
    The E is for the size of the shell.
    The 15 is the maximum number of positions for pins.

    BTW, this is the same shell size as the "DE" connector used for
    serial ports on IBM compatible computers.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day