Connect with us

Computer jumper - What to order?

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Noozer, Sep 5, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    I need to make a few jumper cables for my PC (front audio, LED, etc.) but I
    don't know the specs for the headers other than they are male at 0.1 inch

    For the female ends of my cables what do I need
    - for a housing? (most will be two pin, but there will be some 3 or more pin
    and dual row headers)
    - female pins inside the housing?
    - tool to crimp the femail pins to my wire before inserting into the housing

    I'm hoping to place an order at Digikey soon. The headers appear to look

    Any help is appreciated.
  2. Look at the AMP/Tyco .1" connectors in the online DigiKey catalog. Sound like
    what you are looking for, but be warned the AMP crimp tools aren't cheap.
  3. KevinR

    KevinR Guest

    They sure aren't cheap. Even where I work they don't have one.
    I prefer to solder the things any way, and then just fold them neatly
    with long nosed pliers.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day