Connect with us

component video to usb

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by stobby, Oct 25, 2012.

1. stobby

stobby

Oct 23, 2012
    hello, I was wondering if someone would have a schematic or have the knowledge of how to make a circuit that converts a component video input to usb then to a computer where the video information from the component input will be recorded. I cant find any schematics on how to do this:mad:

I was thinking you could get the data cable of the component cable to the usb data + and then put the ground of the component cable to the data - of the usb. but then what would the computer recognize it as? I am guessing it will require a PIC chip.

thanks stobby

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    component or composite? (Red, Yellow, White OR Red, Green, Blue, Red, White)
    If its actually composite that you have then you can get an RF converter (converts the output to a coax output) then get a tuner card for it.

What you want to do it difficult to build, you would need to convert 3 digital signals, into a single digital signal, and then get software that can read the digital signal that is being input (probably would need to write it yourself, or find someone to write it for you)

3. stobby

stobby

Oct 23, 2012
    I meant component cable (yellow, red, white)

4. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    That's actually composite, and like I said I would go with an RF converter and a tuner card, or see if you can find a tuner card with the composite connection built in, that would be your best bet

5. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Ask a Question