Connect with us

Component identification

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Achap1976, Sep 12, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Achap1976

Achap1976

Sep 12, 2018
    Hi All,

I’m trying to repair my Mira Shower mixing unit. It clearly has two components blown, one of which I have identified and been able to purchase. The part I am looking for help with is labelled L1 on the PCB and I believe it is some sort of power inductor. It has KA-924 written on the side with the date code below. I would great appreciate any help in identifying this component as well as suggestions as to where I could purchase this part from.

The PCB part number is 1666.191 which may help if someone has the part list or schematic.

Thanks in advance.

CEDF7672-F30F-4D69-AC7E-308D0685492C.jpeg

E5FB4AE2-4CCD-48F3-AED2-BFCF0272EFC5.jpeg

xformer side.jpg

xformer top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2018
  2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    It's a basic common-mode rejection filter. Worst case is you can rewind it by hand (copper wire easily available and a little heat will get the transformer cores separated and off the former).

Even worse case is that the transformer burned out for a reason - usually a short-circuit in the switching component or some other component in the primary circuit.

What other checks have you made?

3. Achap1976

Achap1976

Sep 12, 2018
    The fuse had blown as well as the power IC. Thought the problem may have been caused by the filter as it has clearly overheated. Problem is with this PCB it has a clear coat which makes it difficult to get a reading with my multimeter. Also the fact that I’ve not been involved in electronics for 15 years doesn’t help

4. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    The reverse is probably the case - the driver IC (switching transistor) was probably overloaded and the excess current caused the transformer to overheat.

5. Achap1976

Achap1976

Sep 12, 2018
    Thanks for the help and advice parts should be here for Tuesday so I’ll let you know if it does the trick, thanks.

Ask a Question