Connect with us

Component identification

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by RizenFenix, Mar 16, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. RizenFenix


    Mar 16, 2018
    Hello, all. I am just getting into electronics, currently work as a network tech for a living. I am working on a MacBook for a friend, it had something spilled on it and it seems to have corroded one side of this piece so it popped off as I was cleaning. I am trying to find a replacement so I can solder it in place of this one, but I don’t recognize what it is so I am having trouble finding a replacement. Anyone able to help?


    [mod note ... resized oversized image]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
  2. KJ6EAD


    Aug 13, 2011
  3. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
  4. 73's de Edd

    73's de Edd

    Aug 21, 2015
    Sir RizenFenix . . . . .

    TO WIT . . . . . .
    You will be seeing a better replacement being used in this series in a power supply related function. As the YELLOW 68ufd @16VDC units
    in this Bac Mook..

    KMET . . . . . significant price break at 10 units

    AVX . . . . . . . .significant price break at 10 units


    PHOTO REFERENCED . . . . . as . . .


    73's de Edd
    KJ6EAD likes this.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day