Connect with us

component identification

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Francois Pignon, Nov 9, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Francois Pignon

Francois Pignon

Nov 9, 2012
    Hi guys,
    I am new to the electronic repair world.I am a machinist and faced a problem on one drive of my cnc milling machine. The exchange/repair was a pure rip off so I decided to try by myself.
    With no electronic background (and many hours of "playing") with a multimeter, I was able to identify a few bad capacitors.
    Not easy to find them as the board is pretty old, but I found the new reference/equivalent on the manufacturer website (nichicon).
    The drive works now like new and I am ,of course, very happy!
    I am facing another problem now with this machine with a communication issue: I can't send my programs from my computer to the the machine via the rs232 connection.
    I checked all the connections, cables to finally look at the rs232 board.
    I was measuring some diodes and found that 3 of them doesn't act like the others...
    My problem is to identify them and/or find the same ones or at least an equivalent.
    On the pic, you can see the A112 which I guess for what I found on the web is a HitachiA112 zener diode (forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I am learning...).
    Is there a place to find them, or can I use an equivalent?
    The other one is the red one to the right of the DA5B marking...
    Any help will be really appreciated.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    You luck out as the silk screen actually is useful this time... FYI this is like winning the Lotto don't get used to it :)

The HZ-12 are 12V 1W zener diodes (yes you can use an equivalent as long as they are 12V 1W zeners)

A5 generally is generally just a generic rectifier diode marking, so I'm going to guess any small signal diode 'should' work there...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
Ask a Question