Maker Pro
Maker Pro

component identification

Francois Pignon

Nov 9, 2012
Hi guys,
I am new to the electronic repair world.I am a machinist and faced a problem on one drive of my cnc milling machine. The exchange/repair was a pure rip off so I decided to try by myself.
With no electronic background (and many hours of "playing") with a multimeter, I was able to identify a few bad capacitors.
Not easy to find them as the board is pretty old, but I found the new reference/equivalent on the manufacturer website (nichicon).
The drive works now like new and I am ,of course, very happy!
I am facing another problem now with this machine with a communication issue: I can't send my programs from my computer to the the machine via the rs232 connection.
I checked all the connections, cables to finally look at the rs232 board.
I was measuring some diodes and found that 3 of them doesn't act like the others...
My problem is to identify them and/or find the same ones or at least an equivalent.
On the pic, you can see the A112 which I guess for what I found on the web is a HitachiA112 zener diode (forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I am learning...).
Is there a place to find them, or can I use an equivalent?
The other one is the red one to the right of the DA5B marking...
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_03563.jpg
    IMG_03563.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_03571.jpg
    IMG_03571.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 181

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You luck out as the silk screen actually is useful this time... FYI this is like winning the Lotto don't get used to it :)

The HZ-12 are 12V 1W zener diodes (yes you can use an equivalent as long as they are 12V 1W zeners)

A5 generally is generally just a generic rectifier diode marking, so I'm going to guess any small signal diode 'should' work there...

Last edited: