Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Component Identification - possibly damaged PC motherboard

gdufford

Aug 8, 2012
HUPUo
- http://imgur.com/HUPUo

Does anyone know what this component is? The board is labeled PC301 next to it, but I can't find anything that seems to match.

It looks relatively easy to replace and it's physically near the battery connector. I accidentally plugged a 48v DC power adapter into my laptop, the end looked just like my regular 18v one.

The laptop worked for a little bit afterward when I used the correct power adapter, but only if the battery was in. This looks like the only thing I could attempt to replace, thought I might get lucky if I can ID it, and get a spare.

Thx

Last edited:

gdufford

Aug 8, 2012
Thank you! Yes, it's a PL301, my eyes missed what the camera caught. It's the component with the 100 printed in the circular portion.

PL301 doesn't give me much in a search. The only thing I get is a bus-controller that has since been renamed with NIC in the name.

Actually, I did some deeper searching, decided to look into fuses. There is a 12A SMD fuse on that board. It's labeled PF201 in the picture. One of the very nice electronic techs at my work tested it for continuity. It's reading very low she said (0.1) and that is probably coming from the board. We didn't take it off to measure.

I'm going to buy a few of those fuses, replace it and pray. It's a LittleFuse 0451012.

Thanks

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
The silk screen designations mean nothing to you unless you have the manufactures schematics, they are just generic assembly designation numbers...

It's a surface mount 10uH inductor