Connect with us

Component ID Help

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Klb10a, Jul 30, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Klb10a

Klb10a

Jul 30, 2012
    Hello, I'm working on a Hamamatsu Photomultiplier Tube Base and came across a diode I'm not familiar with. The inside is orange with a blue band and the only labeling I can see on it is a 5.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    as far as I can tell it is a high voltage, low current fast switching rectifier

not sure exactly which one you would need but here is the datasheet for the replacement.

I would start lower voltage and work your way up if you have no idea what the voltage would be, better to blow a couple diodes then blow the whole thing

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  3. Klb10a

Klb10a

Jul 30, 2012
    Oh wow, I was misreading the labeling, this whole time I've been searching 14B, however its just an oddly shaped 148, once i googled with the 148 and colors I found out that it is a 1N4148 diode, a very fast switching diode. Thanks though for the replacement part as I think I've narrowed the problem down to this diode!

4. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    Fair enough, good luck

Ask a Question