Connect with us

Component Help Please

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Barrymons, Jul 25, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Barrymons

Barrymons

Jul 25, 2013
    Hi
    I have a small pcb with a plug on that connects to a small light (same as the lights in cellphones) on the pcb there are one component, I think it is a resistor (Square small 4700 is written on it and and only have solder on the sides) I need to replace it because I soldered a wire onto it and I broke it, does anyone know what this component is and is there a equivalent that I can use or do I have to source the exact component? any help would be appreciated. I tried taking a photo but it is to small..Thnx in advance I got a picture of youtube with the exact pcb that I have.

Attached Files:

• 4700.jpg
      4700.jpg
      File size:
      41.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. GonzoEngineer

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
    That would be a 470 ohm resistor.

If you live in the USA I could send you a half dozen, free, in the mail.

3. Barrymons

Barrymons

Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you very kind of you, But I live in South Africa. Can I replace that resistor with the color coded ones ? are they the same as this one? thank you for the reply I really appreciate it..

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Sure! As long as you can physically get the leads bent to touch the pads (and nothing else) then you should be able to replace it with a regular resistor.

I do this from time to time.

Be careful because the component will now be held in place by the glue which holds the copper to the board. This can be fairly easily torn away, so I wouldn't advise doing this if the board is subject to mechanical stresses or vibration.

Ask a Question