Connect with us

Component from ATX PS

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by kc1fx, Nov 17, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kc1fx

kc1fx

Nov 17, 2012
    I would like to know the manufacturer of the component DG2N65. Google search gives no clue. Thanks for any insight.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Could it be this?

3. kc1fx

kc1fx

Nov 17, 2012
    Based on the description it certainly fits. Thanks. :)

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The sticky thread in this section gives a lot of hints for finding information.

In this case I simply googled for "2N65" and the direct link to a datasheet was the third hit.

It even showed me images of TO-220 devices, and thanks to you providing an image (that was actually most helpful), I was pretty sure that this would be a likely answer for you.

5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Trivia.
    This is a new one for me. A lot of times manufacturers will prefix their parts with a
    designator to show who made the part, but I don't remember seeing this done with
    early transistors.
    Typically 'DG' prefixes are used by Harris, SGS, Intersil, and Maxim.
    Harris was around before the other three manufacturers, so I'm thinking maybe they
    made that part.
    None of this is useful for the question "steve" already answered for you, but as a parts
    buff, a conundrum that interests me.
    If you're still following this post, I'd be interested in knowing the date code on your original part.
    Thanks

6. kc1fx

kc1fx

Nov 17, 2012
    I posted the picture of the original part. The part is from an ATX supply of 3 years old.

7. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Ahh Sooo,
    I'm out-of-date, and my knowledge-base shows it.
    I don't recgonize the company logo on the top left.
    Maybe Chinese with a whole new set of part number prefixes to learn.
    Thanks for pointing out what I missed.

8. kc1fx

kc1fx

Nov 17, 2012
    Anyways, the power supply has been repaired. The twin powers transistors on the HV side...1 fried...so I replaced both along with a brn, blk, blk, gld MF resistor that was ohming out to 46 ohms...... VERY strange, no signs of heat stress.....My 1st ATX repair and I did it for about $20. Did it more for the challenge...

Ask a Question