Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Component equivalent

noisy

Sep 24, 2016
Hi , I am really new with electronics .

I have a faulty musical instrument I would like to repair. Looking the pcb I realised there is a burned transistor I would need to replace.

The problem is that I cannot find it in the electronic stores, then , I guess I should look for an equivalent with the same characteristics.

Basically I been looking in internet and have found some cross reference websites, but I couldnt find any component with the same characteristics .

Then my question is:

Which are the main characteristics should I look to replace a transistor for an equivalent one ?

the transistor I would like to replace is 2SC3661

Thanks

(Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language)

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
To be safe match, gain, Vce voltage, and max power.
Adam

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016
Hi , I am really new with electronics .

I have a faulty musical instrument I would like to repair. Looking the pcb I realised there is a burned transistor I would need to replace.

The problem is that I cannot find it in the electronic stores, then , I guess I should look for an equivalent with the same characteristics.

Basically I been looking in internet and have found some cross reference websites, but I couldnt find any component with the same characteristics .

Then my question is:

Which are the main characteristics should I look to replace a transistor for an equivalent one ?

the transistor I would like to replace is 2SC3661

Thanks

(Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language)

30 V, 300 mA, 200 mW ... gain of 1,500 is going to be the problem.

(edited to add ...)

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/bipolar-transistors/6638581/
$0.19 each, but you have to buy a pack of 10.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Is the original surface mount?

It is very unlikely that the transistor was the primary fault. If the fault remains, a replacement will likely suffer the same fate. In this case, having some spares is not a bad thing :)