Connect with us

Component Confusion

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by matellinid, Jul 10, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. matellinid

    matellinid Guest

    I am wondering if a very small component that pushes and pulls back in exists, like a tiny piston, for example like in the diagram. (It would be about 5cm max). Whilst one piston pulls in the other simultaneously pushes out. I am not sure how I would connect them either if this were possible. Thanks!!

  2. kellys_eye


    Jun 25, 2010
    It's called a 'solenoid'.

    A large(ish) coil of wire around a hollow core that has a plunger that is drawn in as power is appled.
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day