Connect with us

Componant ID Help Please

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Henry Man, Jun 26, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Henry Man

    Henry Man

    Jun 26, 2018
    First of all hello to all members.

    I am very new to electronics around four weeks now so please go easy on this old dog :). Gotta do something to pass time in my old age.

    Anyway getting onto the question. I recently visited a car boot sale and purchased quite a few electrical components, (most of them related to guitar audio) from a nice old gentleman who was giving up his hobby. Among the many items purchased were small rectangular plastic hollow boxes around 25mm in length by approx 7mm x 7mm, these also had small cap inserts with a hole.

    I thought they might have been some sort of wire end protector or something related to his guitar audio hobby, but after searching WWW for over 2 hours I could not find anything that looks similar.

    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.


    Attached Files:

  2. KJ6EAD


    Aug 13, 2011
    It could be a housing for a DIY mid-line device (small circuit inside and a cable out each end, potted in epoxy).
  3. Henry Man

    Henry Man

    Jun 26, 2018
    :) I think your right KJ6EAD.

    I remember sorting through the items I bought now. There was an epoxy block about the size of a matchbox filled with components and jack inputs. Never really took much notice as to what was inside. Just searched through my boxes for it, must of thrown it.

    Got about 200 of those "housings" may make use of them in future, (Maybe house a wire/s in a circuit for probe testing)

    Thanks for the reply.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day