Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Complete beginner, looking for a the path to build a stun gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollow661

Jan 28, 2016
Hi, I was hoping to get some help or guidance to start me off on the right path. What I am trying to figure out as you can guess is how to build a stun gun (completely legal where I live so long as it is 5 milliamps or under). I am a complete beginner but I am willing and want to learn how to build a quality one from scratch (not one of those camera ones on youtube). Now Im not asking for a design or a how to but rather the path of I should take to reach this point. This whole thing seems a little daunting and im unsure of where I should start or how to go about it. I'm hoping not only to build one, but also know how it all works in the end. So if anyone would be so kind as to recommend where I should start or a general path to take (books i should read, areas of study, references) I would appreciate it.

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
I would begin with something like Getting Started in Electronics to get some idea of basic electronics. Also ARRL Basic Electronics
and Grobs
The latter is a text if you get more seriously interested. The first two are good with ARRL probably the best to start with if you want a good overview, Mims next as there is more hands on with some theory.
GL

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Sorry. We're not going to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.