Connect with us

Compatible solder tips?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by 8bit, Aug 24, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. 8bit

8bit

Oct 30, 2013
    I've had a Weller 25w S125D iron for a while and I need a new tip. I cannot remember the specific tip that I need, can anyone help?

2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi 8bit,
    The tip you need and the tip that fits are very different things.
    You are probably better to look on Ebay or take the iron into your local Maplin's and try what tips fit.
    Then choose the tip end you prefer/need.

Martin

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Check the Weller website. They'll list the solder tips that are compatible with your iron.

4. 8bit

8bit

Oct 30, 2013
    Thanks for the answers, I'll check it out. My iron is quite old so I may just buy a new one if I can't find one. I have heard the Weller make of tips are very good quality so wanted to find another. :)

5. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi 8bit.
    There is the same as yours on Ebay right now. Only £4 and no bids. A little TLC and you could use the 'Ebay' iron as your main one and yours as a backup element.

If you choose to buy a new one, I would recommend Antex irons. I have had 2 of mine for 25 years and still going strong. Parts and tips still available too.

Martin

6. 8bit

8bit

Oct 30, 2013

Thanks for the link Martin. I checked it out but the tip did look quite used, so I might go for a new iron. I have contacted Weller to see if any other tips are compatible.

7. KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
    Check Plato tips also.

Ask a Question