Maker Pro
Maker Pro

compare two voltages and send signal

miniElectronics

Aug 2, 2009
Hello,

I am trying to design a solar tracker. Where it is used photodiodes. There are 2 diodes. And in sun they give a voltage of 2.1 volt. I will set it such if voltage from D1 is higher than D2 so it will be compared in some IC and sent out a signal so Motor1 will adjust it such as until the device is on correct position. Where a third diode D3 detects it is on correct position and then shut down the motor. And same if D1 is higher then D2 so it will turn on Motor2 and adjust until it comes on correct position and D3 detects and shutdown.

Where i only need a IC which can accept 2 input voltage and 2 output voltage. And compares which one is higher and send signal only to output1 or output2.

Thanks

amdNRA

Sep 3, 2009
Use 2 or 3 comparators biased with a deadband so as to avoid constant back and forth chatter. Make diode 3 a lot more directional by blocking extraneous light. Use mosfets and "glue logic" to control the motors.
or Use the analog inputs of a Pic microcontroller in the same way. My quick $0.02
Good luck, Gil.

Last edited:

Meison

Feb 15, 2010
I have same project in my school, i didn't find any IC yet did u find any thing useful?

Hello,

I am trying to design a solar tracker. Where it is used photodiodes. There are 2 diodes. And in sun they give a voltage of 2.1 volt. I will set it such if voltage from D1 is higher than D2 so it will be compared in some IC and sent out a signal so Motor1 will adjust it such as until the device is on correct position. Where a third diode D3 detects it is on correct position and then shut down the motor. And same if D1 is higher then D2 so it will turn on Motor2 and adjust until it comes on correct position and D3 detects and shutdown.

Where i only need a IC which can accept 2 input voltage and 2 output voltage. And compares which one is higher and send signal only to output1 or output2.

Thanks

Meison

Feb 15, 2010
It just came to my mind that we can connect 2 sensors ( EL7900) to opamp inputs that compare voltages and amplify it as well. Our output can be negative or positive base on sensors output.

Hello,

Thanks