Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Coinco coin changer Logic Board

rudy25

Nov 30, 2013
Hi, just signed up, I am trying to repair a Coinco Lower Logic Board P/No 903037 rev 7 and there is a zener diode marked DZ7 609 for which I can find no info, is it 9 volts? supply to board is 18v ac then via a bridge rectifier and zener to the board's circuitry.
I am also trying to draw a schematic but am getting a headache, anyone out there have a schematic already?
The coin changer is out of a Dixie Narco vending machine, the whole coin changer is S75-9800A and the repair manual (available online) was printed July 1988 but does not go into circuit board level.
Help would be most welcome
PS I posted this in Manuals and schematics but Forum advice was to post it here so now it's in twice:confused:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Coinco Lower Logic Board P/No 903037 rev 7 ..... I dunno what one of those is ??

maybe some pics would help us guys help you (sharp and well lit)

I will delete the other post for you

cheers
Dave

rudy25

Nov 30, 2013
Coinco coin changer

Hi Dave, thanks for the response, the photo I'm sending has the back of the pcb superimposed so I can trace the circuit better but the big diode in the bottom right hand corner is where the zener should be, somebody said try that but luckily nothing blew up, I hope the photo is not too big as it's blown up a fair bit, I would have put the zener back in but haven't had time, maybe it's still good (I didn't take it out so maybe just the solder joints were burned a bit too much.
Meanwhile here we go.
Cheers ... Rudy

Attachments

• Coinco Logic merged copy.jpg
    Coinco Logic merged copy.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 300

rudy25

Nov 30, 2013
Hi Davenn, picked up from a forum dedicated to vending machines that the zener is 12 volts and I presume 5 watts.
I tested the zener with two 9 volt batteries in series and a 1K resistor and it proved OK, found that the thermal fuse hidden under the transformer that supplies 18 volts to the circuit board (from 110 volt supply) had blown, put in a new one (119 deg C) and that fixed the whole machine (it's there to blow if there is a serious jam up and the transformer gets hot and it works!).
Thanks again for your attention

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
no probs
I couldnt really help too much on that one
not something Im familiar with working with

pleased you have had success :)

cheers
Dave