Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Coil direction deduction

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
Suppose I wanted to know what direction a coil of wire is wrapped(just trying to follow the code of electronics) what would be a good way to find out whether they were wrapped right?

Is there a way? What would the product be if I connected them wrong? Why am I sitting here wondering all this?

because.... I took my guitar pickups wires apart to see if they were center tapped, and they are not leaving two completely separate coils and no common.
I was considering phase switching, each end of the center tap, but now I have to customize the entire flow of current, and I should be able to get it proper with time!! ho ho ho!
I wrote the original wiring down so I wouldn't forget it so I can always use the original....

Anyway... I was looking this wiring over, and found our old friend, the right hand rule, with its thumb sticking out.... That means to me, if the coils are wrapped correctly, I can wire them anyway I want,
but if they were wrapped wrong, (one of the pickups had an ohmage of 2.6 rather than 4.6) I will want to ground that one out, lest I melt my baxandall.(learnt that from Edd)...

SHOULD I WORRY? see diagram attached to butt of luthier>>>>>>>transdu1.jpg