Connect with us

cnc stepper wiring help

Discussion in 'Project Construction Technologies' started by Dude22, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Dude22

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
    Hi everyone, its been a while and I finally got my driver. I am having some trouble wiring my 6 wire motors to the 4 plugins... I have tried lots of different wiring configurations and all i get is the motors locking when I trigger E-stop (this happens no matter how I wire it). I have confirmed the signal is getting from the computer to the board as when I try to jog the motors the "active" light, lights up on the board. I do know that as I am wiring up a 6 wire motor to a 4 wire port that I have to leave out the center tap wires, but even if i leave them wired up it should at least do something, or is my understanding of the motors incorrect. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try???

NOTE: this is the driver I have: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TB6560-CNC-3...858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2321573992

Thanks

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    The manual shows how to connnect the motors to the board.

3. Dude22

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
    I understand "how" to connect the motors a, -a, b, -b and all that but I have been unable to identify what wires are which, that being said, I have connected the motor in many different wiring configurations, and no matter how it is wired, I have e-stop control but jogging the motor does NOTHING, I would assume that even if only a few of the correct wires are attached, the motor should do something.

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Have you looked at the datasheet for your motors? I'm sure it defines what wires are what...

5. Dude22

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
    I have found my motors datasheet and it is now wired correctly, but everything remains the same as before, no movement. Anyone have any further ideas???

NOTE: there are 2 unused wires named common, by the datasheet

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  6. Dude22

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
    I am having the same problem. Although I know my motors are wired correctly

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    A typical first suggestion to any of these problems is "try reversing one winding".

This assumes that you do have it connected close to correctly (as you assert)

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    The common's should be connected ... normally to the negative ( 0V) of the supply

give us a link to the datasheet so we all can check it out, at the moment we are flying in the dark, having only your explanation :)
    then we can confirm what the common is used for

I wonder if you read this section in the CNC's manual .....

Dave

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  9. Dude22

Dude22

Mar 30, 2012
    When all else fails.... Read the instructions!

truly words to live by.

I have tried connecting the common wires to negative, but nothing changed. Any other suggestions???

Ask a Question