Connect with us

Clock Circuit from crystal oscillator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by johnwalker1, Mar 16, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. johnwalker1

johnwalker1

Mar 16, 2020
    Anyone know a circuit that makes a ttl compatible square wave signal from a crystal oscillator?

I have a hex inverter and a 4Mhz Crystal Oscillator, but i have no ideia how crystal oscillators work and how hex invertes work, I just know that it is possible to make this ciruit with these things. Google doesn't tell me much about crystal oscillators.

any help is appreciated! Thank you

2. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
  3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    If you really have a crystal oscillator and not simply a crystal, then the output of the oscillator is probably TTL compatible. At least it will be a logic level signal. Have a look at the datasheet of the component.
    What kind of hex inverter do you have? Tell us the type, better yet look up its datasheet to gain some understanding of the component. A hex inverter is simply a chip containing six inverters.

4. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
Ask a Question