Connect with us

Circuitry for a Trivia Quiz Night

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Zephyr, Apr 17, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Zephyr

Zephyr

Apr 17, 2010
    Hey:

I'm pretty technologically illiterate - I know the basic voltages, amperes, and electronic hardware, but you lose me when you talk about ICs. Trust me, i'm trying to learn them.

Then again - we're hosting a trivia night a few days from now. I'm trying to design a circuit so that when an entrant presses a button, a light bulb corresponding to him lights up, and it inhibits all the other competitors.

As in, when Switch A is pressed, Light bulb A lights up, and Switch B, C and D don't work any more. Alternatively, if Switch B is pressed, Light bulb B lights up, but A, C and D don't light up their respective light bulbs.

It's really got me stumped. If any help can be provided, many thanks. All that is required is to have a way to find out who clicks a switch first.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    A few days doesn't leave you a long time...

try this, or this or this.

The first 2 are variations on a theme, the last one is really simple and could (maybe) be put together in time.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

Apr 17, 2010
    The last one is going to help immensely, seeing as it's the only one I understand - thanks a lot.

4. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Zepher,

With the SCR circuit, be sure you use "non-sensitive gate" SCRs. "Sensative gate" SCRs will not work properly.

Been there, done that.

Ken

Ask a Question