Connect with us

Circuit Which Turn On The Light As A Response To A Specific Sound Sequence ?

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by akshay797, Jan 30, 2017.

1. akshay797

akshay797

Jan 30, 2017
    I want to make a simple circuit which turns on the light when hearing a specific sound sequence .. for example : a beep sound -second gap-another beep sound .

please suggst a simple circuit with out the help of voice recognitio

2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    Welcome to EP. The most practical approach would be a microcontroller.

Chris

3. akshay797

akshay797

Jan 30, 2017
    thanks for the response .. can u be more specific about the micro controller and whole setup ? i just want the circuit to respond to the sound sequence which is based on a time-gap?

4. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    What sounds?

Ken

5. akshay797

akshay797

Jan 30, 2017
    circuit which turns on the light when hearing a specific sound sequence .. for example : a beep sound -second gap-another beep sound

6. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    What's going to generate the beep sound?

Chris

7. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    The difficulty of this project will depend a lot on the loudness of the triggering sound vs the ambient noise. It could be as simple as a bandpass filter, peak detector and a little bit of logic, or as complicated as a DSP (digital signal processor) doing an FFT (fast Fourier transform) to analyze the sound.

Bob

akshay797 likes this.
  8. akshay797

akshay797

Jan 30, 2017

hey ... This is my whole project .. I am making a plug point with a small circuit , An app in the smartphone produce sound like i mentions above .. so when hearing the sound the circuit should respond ... the loudness of the sound is normal audio level of a smart phone speakers .. also the chances for additional background noises are less .. so a solution ???

9. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Is the beep a fixed frequency tone, or more like a buzzer with lots of harmonics?

Ken

10. akshay797

akshay797

Jan 30, 2017
    i can mak
    I can make any kind of tune which is possible by a smartphone

11. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    How far away is the phone?

12. FuZZ1L0G1C

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
    Similar circuits mostly use a condensor mic / preamp filtered by active feedback-loop type notch or narrow-bandpass filters, some with frequency band-pass tuning.
    The key-finder keyring-fob is probably the audio-sensor part of what you need.
    Except these use a monolithic I.C. covered by a black blob of epoxy - not traceable.
    Drives an oscillator to return a 'beep' to a human whistle and most other KHz frequencies).
    The commercial "hand-clap" switches work on the timing principle you need.
    If you clap once, nothing happens. Clap twice within about 0.5 sec, and the circuit activates a relay.
    I opened mine to see "what makes it tick".
    My hand-drawn traced circuit unfortunately got damaged / discarded, but remember it used a c/mic then 741 op-amp as part of filter, to various logic IC's (forgot which since then). Switch now buried in storage..
    A hand-clap is white/pink noise analyzed at fpeaks about 11.5-13 KHz.
    Your CCT will likely fall into the lower audio range of about 500 - 5 KHz (My smartphone's peak is 2.2 KHz).
    I'll dive into my old magazine-storage boxes, as I plan a very similar project to wirelessly extend top-loader 2-tone beep* from bathroom to lounge via mini FM tx. Then a relay / S.C.R / Triac for small lounge-mounted lamp.
    *(Pre-rinse pause, waits for fabric-softener, beeping, then after 'X' seconds idle, continues "softener-less").
    W/M alarm-tone beeps about** 1875 Hz, 2342 Hz, pause, repeat.
    **From memory recall.

13. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    I think your beep, beep detector will also detect my dog (bark, bark) and my wife (DINner's REAdy).
    My daughter bought a keys finder and hand-clap switch that activated so often that their batteries lasted only for a few days.

FuZZ1L0G1C likes this.
Ask a Question