Connect with us

Circuit switching problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Bilal Ashraf, Jul 21, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bilal Ashraf

Bilal Ashraf

Jul 21, 2014
    I have a problem with a circuit which is designed for switching . this circuit work is to pass the 220 v supply to the double action solenoid hydraulic valve . hydraulic valve have 2 coils . each coil have 2060 turns of copper wire gauge number 35 ,and the circuit is pass supply one by one to these 2 coils . a photocell is fix to set the paper roll . three wires of sencer are connected in this circuit . when the sencer sence the paper position it gave a pulse to transister that it pass the supply to coil .circuit operating supply is 12 v DC . and switching supply is 220v . there are 2 transisters BT 136 on circuit for switching one by one . now problem is that after 4 or 5 minuts of working it any 1 transister is burn out and bypass the supply to coils . when 2 coils take supply together then these are brun out . how can i control this problem why the transistor are burn out .
    help me .

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Can you post a schematic?

The BT136 is a triac, not a transistor. Do they get hot?

Do you have any kind of suppression across the solenoids? Usually a resistor and a capacitor in series are connected across inductive loads to suppress the back EMF. Google RC snubber.

Ask a Question