Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Circuit Simulators

inlineskater

Jun 15, 2012
I'm looking for some good software or online versions of circuit simulators that people have tried, tested and have had some good results. Running in either PC or Linux.

* Yes I have looked online and I have seen several, but looking for actual users.

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
If you search the forum you will find a number of topics and discussions by users with experience of a wide range of software.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
A good free simulator is LTSPICE (aka switcherCAD). Drawback: small libraries with only a few standard components. But can be edited to include other vendor's models, too.

Harald

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You will see me link to a model made on this online similar every so often, I find it works well for the basics, plus I can link to working animated simulations on the forum...

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

And as has been said there have been several discussion about this recently, just try a search...

dssteven

May 9, 2012
You will see me link to a model made on this online similar every so often, I find it works well for the basics, plus I can link to working animated simulations on the forum...

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

And as has been said there have been several discussion about this recently, just try a search...

Falstad is great for the forums as CocaCla said it allows you to post working animated circuits. It helps you visualize current flow and has almost all the basic components. It's java based and runs right in a browser window so you don't need to download anything (unless you don't have java but...who doesn't have java? :)) I use it every day.

LTSpice is nice but like it was said previously it has a pretty small library as it was made by Linear Technologies so they try to keep just their components in there but you can import with little trouble.