Connect with us

Circuit requires two voltages for supply

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sadlercomfort, Feb 23, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to build a Royer Oscillator circuit using the LT1172 IC. However this circuit design requires two different voltages, around 6v to supply the IC and around 12v to supply the external part of the circuit.

How could I tap off the main 12v supply, to produce both a 6v and 12v output? I have a few random voltage regulators, and a 100k and 1k potentiometer.

Thanks,
    Ash

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Which schematic are your using? I don't see that chip needing 2 voltages anywhere, but maybe I am missing one. The input voltage can be up to 60V according to the datasheet. The second voltage listed on the schematics is the output voltage it is producing.

Bob

3. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    Here's the schematic, the chip just needs one voltage (preferably a low voltage). The external circuit requires a higher voltage.

Attached Files:

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    There's nothing in the schematic telling you not to connect pin 5 of the LT1172 to Vin (as long as Vin >3V, which it is).

5. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    Okay, it doesn't say you cant connect them together in the datasheet either.. Just thought I'd check, these chips are expensive.

Thanks,
    Ash

Ask a Question