Connect with us

Circuit information

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by vinod chandran, Oct 26, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi all,
    I am attaching a circuit. Is this circuit automatic?. i mean is it stop the charging when the battery is full?. plz help me...
    -vinod

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    That is a constant voltage charging circuit. It is not "smart", but the battery itself takes care of reducing the current to almost zero when it is full. It's in the chemistry.

3. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi Resqueline,
    Thanks for the reply. Any way i am not happy with this circuit. because it has too many parts. so i need to search another circuit. By the way i had a torch light with 4 LED. the torch's charger was damaged.( the charger section comprises a film capacitor and resistor, bridge diodes) There is nothing wrote on the battery about its capacity. when i check with multimeter, the battery shows 3.75v. How can i know the battery voltage. I need to make a charger for that battery. PLZ help me.
    -vinod

4. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    It can't get much simpler than that and still work.. You can do away with the LED's of course. How many parts is not too many if I may ask?
    You're supplying much too little information about the LED torch & battery for me to say anything about it...

5. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi Resqueline,
    About the torch- plz look the image. that capasitor's lead goes to a bridge diode. then it goes to battery. battery is 3 inch length and 1 inch thick. torch had 4 leds . I think the battery is 6v. because 4 led needs 6v. isn't it right?.If these details are confusing you, plz forgive me.
    -vinod.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    that photo is too blurry for any info.
    I know its a capacitor and a resistor in parallel with it

can you show a sharp photo of the torch wiring and where that capacitor and resistor are connected to. Why did you remove them ?
    That capacitor and resistor tell us noting about the Voltage of the battery

cheers
    Dave

7. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    A simple battery charger, low component count, its 12 volts, so change the 7812 regulator for a 7806 regulator which is a 6 volts instead of 12 volts.

Alter the two series resistors, for less current if you like, or try the resistors in the circuit, use a meter to check the current of the flat battery, the diodes take the voltage 0.7 volts per diode over the 12 volts, but this would be 0.7 volts per diode over the 6 volt regulator, playing with the resistors will increase current or decrease it.
    Dave. :)

[​IMG]

Here is another fairly simple charger where you can adjust the charging voltage and current two suit your needs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. vinod chandran

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi Dave and davenn,
    I am attaching an image of that things from the torch. plz take a look. there is nothing wrote on that capacitor. When i went to electronic shop with that cap, the salesman gave me a 474k 400v capacitor and told me that "may be this will work". I hope this image will help you to understand the problem. By the way thanks a lot dave for the charger circuit. the second circuit is enough for me.
    -vinod

Attached Files:

• ep.jpg
      ep.jpg
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
Ask a Question