Connect with us

Circuit design help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by poetsmantra, Oct 27, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. poetsmantra

poetsmantra

Oct 27, 2012
    Hello all,

I have a small project that I am in need of assistance with. I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible..

In my kitchen island I built a beer bottle chute. This chute dumps into a container in my basement for collection. What I would like to do is have a simple notification system in place that lets me know when the container is full. My plan is to put a Red/Green LED in the island next to the opening. It will remain green until the bin is full thus changing to red. I want this to be as simple as possible so I would like to use a garage door safety sensor mounted to the bin for detection.

I am sure this is laughably simple to design but I just haven't the electrical knowledge at this level!

Thank you!

Josh

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    If you put a flap over the bin, coupled to a chageover microswitch, then you can connect each output to a led. The leds will change from green to red and then back to green when the flap returns ti its start position.

When the bin is full, the lid will be jammed and the led will stay at red.

No electronics other than a switch and a resistor, two leds and power supply.

3. poetsmantra

poetsmantra

Oct 27, 2012
    I dont think I will be able to make it work with a mechanical switch... I was really hoping to use photoelectric, I just dont know how to wire that or what parts I would need..

Ask a Question