Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Circuit design help

Mutad0r

Oct 19, 2010
Months ago I made a simple prototype that only had switches, motors and a battery. Now I'm making a V2, but it's going to be a little too complicated for me, so I need help. I've been reading and researching and stuff for at least a week, but I still can't make enough sense out of it.

I don't know what it's called, but it has mirrors attached to the motors, and a laser beam directed at them. The mirrors are off centre and thus create interesting figures on the wall.

What I'd like to add for V2 is an input from an audio jack, varying the speed of motors, and making even MORE interesting shapes.

I know it may be a lot to ask, but I was wondering if anyone here could design a circuit for me.

I have two 1.5V motors, 1 of those motors in Nokia phones, no idea how much V it requires. And a laser, 4.5 W (I think). As for power source I'd rather have a Nokia charger, as I have millions of them, but anything would do.

I hope I'm convincing enough :p Thanks.

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
Have you thought about doing a prototype with an audio stereo amplifier? You could use each channel to drive a full-wave rectifier to provide a varying DC voltage to the motor. The DC voltage would be proportional to the sound volume, and the volume control would give a simple method to adjust the sensitivity of the motors. Plus it would be easy to determine which music produced the most interesting patterns.

Mutad0r

Oct 19, 2010
Audio stereo amplifier.. full wave rectifier? >_> ... no idea what that is... but I did try using a nokia amplifier meant for phones.. didn't have enough power to move the motor... anyway, could anyone explain me, what a full-wave rectifier is?