Connect with us

Circuit breaker lockout

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by chuckw30, Dec 6, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. chuckw30

chuckw30

Dec 6, 2011
    I am not electronically savvy, but I am looking for a way to lock a circuit breaker in our house in the off position and padlock it so that it can't be removed.

I've seen a few products online that look like what I need, but I can't tell if they are the right fit for this breaker.

Also, it seems like it would be easy enough to remove the panel and just take the circuit breaker out myself. But, given my inexperience, this might be more difficult than I think.

Appreciate any suggestions. I've included an image of the type of circuit breaker I would like to lock.

Attached Files:

2. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi chuckw30.
    Welcome to you.
    These should just pop out, i believe you can get a blanking plate if needed, once removed the circuit wont function. :)

3. chuckw30

chuckw30

Dec 6, 2011
    Thanks, Dave.

I thought that seemed like the easiest approach but figured I'd run it by some people with more experience.

4. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    yep, just pull on the side without the wire attached. It will come right out, once out of the slot there is no power so you can unscrew the wire. Tuck the wire away, tape the end or put a nut on it to keep it from straying into a bus bar and making it live.

Ask a Question