Connect with us

Circuit Board Repair Trace Repair

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jfrancis, May 9, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jfrancis

jfrancis

Feb 25, 2011
    Hello,

I am somewhat new to repairing electronic components and forced a lead from a capacitor through a hole and broke off the printed circuit around the hole. I have seen conductive pens for repairing the copper trace and fix this sort of problem but because it it pretty expense to buy thought I would ask advice as to what is the best way to repair something like this. The pens I have seen are around $35 with shipping and it is just one trace around a hole that I need to repair.

Any thoughts?

John

2. osterchrisi

osterchrisi

Mar 8, 2011
    You could simply take a wire or even enameled copper wire, solder one end to the leg of your capacitor and the other end to where the trace should go. Seems easisest to me...

3. rob_croxford

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
    Just Scratch away the trace to reveal the copper and solder the leg of your capacitor directly to that

Ask a Question