Maker Pro
Maker Pro

choosing micro fo BLDC motor speed control

gray

Jul 17, 2016
Hi Friends
You have to control brushless motors for electric bikes,what micro do you recommend?
atmega, PIC, ARM or Arduino
Thank you in advance for your answer
Only essential

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I assume you make some distinction between atmega and arduino. Not knowing what that is, I can't make any recommendation with respect to arduino.

As for the remaining options, it comes down to your experience, availability of tools, and personal preference.

There are no hard and fast rules. If there were, there would soon be another option available to break that rule.

gray

Jul 17, 2016
I assume you make some distinction between atmega and arduino. Not knowing what that is, I can't make any recommendation with respect to arduino.

As for the remaining options, it comes down to your experience, availability of tools, and personal preference.

There are no hard and fast rules. If there were, there would soon be another option available to break that rule.

I've worked with AVR. but Despite sensors (Feedback engine to take the position)and Weak ability to neutralize noise in avr, is a good choice?
i know There are no hard and fast rules.but i want to hear Suggestions and experiences of others about this.
thank you

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've not used a microcontroller to drive a brushless dc motor, but I'm aware of roughly how its done. I cant see any compelling reason to use one microcontroller over another. Any recommendation I give will be strongly influenced by my skills and experience.

A brief google suggests that there is lots of information out there (some of it from the microcontroller manufacturers themselves) describing how it is done using all sorts of devices. Have you looked at any of this information?

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Picmicro have a development board and software, the schematic and code can also be seen on the Pic site under MC LV Development board.
M.

gray

Jul 17, 2016
I've not used a microcontroller to drive a brushless dc motor, but I'm aware of roughly how its done. I cant see any compelling reason to use one microcontroller over another. Any recommendation I give will be strongly influenced by my skills and experience.

A brief google suggests that there is lots of information out there (some of it from the microcontroller manufacturers themselves) describing how it is done using all sorts of devices. Have you looked at any of this information?

the problem is these information(from the microcontroller manufacturers themselves) dont compare pros & cons of using different micros

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The problem is that optimal control is more likely to be determined in your software than your microcontroller per se.

Ae you interested in simplicity? If so, look for a micro with a dedicated BLDC controller.

Are you looking for the best performance (maybe torque ripple minimization)? Then you're going to have to research control techniques (or build on someone else's work).

Generally speaking, a micro with a dedicated peripheral will be easier to program, faster to get going, but offer less in terms of ability to finesse the control of the motor.

What do you want to do? Just control a motor? Our di you want to exact maximum performance where complexity is less of a concern?

gray

Jul 17, 2016
i want to start-up the motor not very exact.but I'm gonna engine working properly

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I cant figure out what you mean, but if what you mean is that you just want to run a BLDC motor without anything special, id just look at what software is available for your favorite microcontroller family.

What is your favorite microcontroller family?

gray

Jul 17, 2016

could i know what microcontroller have you used to drive a bldc motor