Connect with us

Choicemmed pulse oximeter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by MedTechVlns, Jan 9, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. MedTechVlns

MedTechVlns

Jan 9, 2021
    Hei,

I have choicemmed finger tip pulse oximeter. It won't turn off automatically, but it must after 8 sec. One way turn off take out batteries, what is wrong? What look for? SMD components?

Thank you

2. MedTechVlns

MedTechVlns

Jan 9, 2021
    Thank you for replay Bertus. The first one. So, what I should looking for as problem?

3. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello,

The device should turn off after 8 seconds of no signal.
    I assume it will power of when the divice is taken from the finger after 8 seconds.

Bertus

Attached Files:

4. MedTechVlns

MedTechVlns

Jan 9, 2021
    Bertus, I have checked both ways then finger is in and it still does not turn off or then take out finger and still don't turn off. I left in 30min and still works oximeter, it does not turn off automatically. Trust me. So, what circuit I should watch?

5. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello,

Does it turn off when you press the power buton for a couple of seconds?
    This is a method that is often used for emergency shutdown.

Bertus

6. MedTechVlns

MedTechVlns

Jan 9, 2021
    Exactly, I tried hold a button long short and nothing, it does not turn off, as I said only one way turn off take out batteries. So, what can be a problem?

7. kenny256

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
    Broken or missing solder junction on the circuit board. Or a failed component on the circuit board.

Has it ever worked properly (auto shutdown), or has it always done this from when you got it?

8. debe

debe

Oct 15, 2011
    Unless you dismantle it & post clear pictures of the boards in the unit . Then no one here has a clue what is in the unit & only guessing. The units are cheap enough, i have a couple of then & only paid $15 Australian each new a couple of years ago.

9. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello,

When the unit is still under warranty, I would contact the seller for an repair/exchange.

Bertus

10. Ylli

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
    A while back I pulled apart an older model ChoiceMMed PulseOx meter. As the saying goes "No user serviceable parts inside".

bertus likes this.
Ask a Question