Connect with us

chassis

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jarvis2.0, May 7, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jarvis2.0

jarvis2.0

Apr 29, 2015
    Hey guys I have a new question. I have all the electronics I will need for a while, but not a good place to contain them within my project. so here's the question: What makes the best chassis? For any types locomotive robots.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    There is no such thing as the best chassis. You use whatever suits your design, which means deciding between metal and plastic, aluminum or steel, factory made or home made. A lot depends on what you want to mount on or inside of your chassis. Locomotive robots probably need a fairly sturdy frame to support wheels, axles, gear boxes, motors and steering mechanisms plus whatever power and computing electronics you need to stuff in them. If you can learn to use an AC TiG welder, and either rent or purchase such an animal, it is relatively easy to weld up just about anything you need from scrap aluminum parts. A DC TiG welder will allow you to weld up mild steel. You won't believe until you try it how much time and weight you will save with welding versus holding everything together with nuts and bolts.

3. jarvis2.0

jarvis2.0

Apr 29, 2015
    ok thanks.

Ask a Question