Connect with us

Charging Issue

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by crackruckles, Mar 13, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. crackruckles

crackruckles

Mar 13, 2017
    Hi guys,

I have recently bought a drone and a solar powered backpack with a battery and want to take them with me on holidays to Iceland however the drone charges it takes about 18 hours each time which is way to slow.

Here is the specs of the solar backpack's battery

FrwFVCY.jpg

output: 12V/4A , 14V/3.5A , 19V/3A

The drone requires the following input

Mt4eb0b.jpg

13/26V 9A

I was wondering if there is any kind of converter i could build or buy that would make this work?

[mod edit -- moved to correct forum ... edited pix]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Off topic I know, but let us know how it goes when you go through customs carrying a drone. Could be interesting.

Bob

3. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    Maybe you are trying to charge the big battery with a little solar panel on a cloudy day?
    The output from the battery (at noon in the Sahara Desert (on the equator of earth) on a sunny day?) is only about 3.2A. The car power supply for the drone needs an input of 9A. So if the solar thing is making its maximum output (I doubt it) then the charge time is almost 3 times longer than normal.

Ask a Question