Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Charging circuit parameters:

Anish

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,
I have a rechargeable Nicd battery (3.6v) and 300mAH. - Its like three cells packed together. (1.2vx3).

Now, for charging this with a 200mA transformer, I have to charge the cell for 1.8 hrs. [300/200*120%]. - correct me if i am wrong here.

Now, my question is, how do i connect the battery to the transformer for charging, I mean, the positive and negative terminals.. whether to connect positive to positive, negative to negative or the alternate way.

Also, what should be the output voltage of the charging circuit for charging the battery of 3.6v. Including a formula will be much helpful for future calculations.

Thanks.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Don't even think about connecting the transformer directly to the batteries you're trying to recharge.
Google NiCad recharging circuits, and find one that meets your needs.
You need a circuit that limits the trickle-current to the batteries, and stops the re-
charging when you get to a specific point, etc, ...
You need a charging CIRCUIT, so you don't explode your batteries, or start a fire.

Anish

Feb 5, 2011
^lol
Thats my mistake that i didnt mention about the charging circuit. I know that we shouldnt connect the batteries directly to the transformer. How can it be recharged without converting it to dc? My question is this:
How to I connect my batteries to the charging circuit? i.e positive and negative?
and should the o/p voltage of the charging circuit and battery should be the same?