Maker Pro
Maker Pro

CES 2013

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
CES 2013 was last week, and there were all sorts of interesting new technologies were announced. Technologies like the HAPIfork, the fork that helps you lose weight, and the iPotty that incorporates an iPad into your child's potty training. Well those are the not so good ones anyways.

Anything in particular spark your interests?

I think that the 4K TV's are cool, but its going to be a while before they catch on, once the 3D fad passes they will probably focus more on getting the signals to homes so people can use 4K, and the graphics card manufacturers (Nvidia specifically as AMD has some support for 4K already) need to get their game face on to get these working with computers.

Flex displays have been rumored for years, but Samsung's that was released this year shows real promise, there may be flex phones in our near future.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm having a tough time just trying to keep up with what's out there and around the
corner. Cell phones, i-Phones, i-pads, ....
Right now I'm trying to figure-out what to buy in the Kindle conundrum.
People tell me not to buy the Kindle, get the Kindle Fire, somebody else says don't
buy the Kindle Fire, there's a newer improved version coming out, ...what's an old guy
like me supposed to do?
I'll tell you something I'm interested in that's not getting much press.
These new non-lethal directed energy/personnel denial/microwave directed energy
systems. They're supposed to make you feel like your skin in boiling, but is not
supposed to actually do damage. I hear they're using them on ships to protect
against Somali pirates. I'm wondering how long before they're used to keep mobs
from over-running embassies or other controlled places.
How long before the cops get 'em to quell riots?
Etc, ...