Connect with us

Cell phone jammer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by hyudryu, Apr 6, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hyudryu

hyudryu

Feb 24, 2010
    Hi, i want to make a small prankster cell phone jammer to pull a prank on my friend but at the same time, i don't want to break any laws or regulation of the FCC. Can someone give me a schematic on how to do it and make sure it does not violate the FCC?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You can be sure it doesn't violate the FCC rules by ensuring it doesn't jam phones.

3. NickS

NickS

Apr 6, 2010
    By making a jammer that works you will almost certainly be violating FCC regulations.

4. hyudryu

hyudryu

Feb 24, 2010
    Oh ok i didn't know that :/ Well, is a FM transmitter illegal?

5. NickS

NickS

Apr 6, 2010
    read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_Part_15

"The FM broadcast band is limited but not restricted to 87.9 MHz (but see note below on TV) to 107.9 MHz. There are two class D FM stations on 87.9 MHz.[2] Any unlicensed 88 to 108 MHz broadcasting with a signal strength greater than 250 µV/m at a distance of 3 m from the antenna is punishable by law and confiscation of all broadcast equipment. It is impossible to get a broadcast license for very low-power broadcasting, and nearly impossible to get one for any higher wattage."

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
Ask a Question