Connect with us

ccd linear image sensor

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by elec_freak, Jul 11, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. elec_freak

elec_freak

Jul 11, 2014
    hello folks,
    I am trying the ccd linear image sensors for the first time (tcd1706dg) , the sensor output is trackable on CRO but how to get the exact pixel position by reading the adc values on PIC is a problem. If somebody has done such kind of thing please guide, any kind of help will be appreciated.
    thanks in anticipation

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Can't you count lock pulses? It looks to me like the data is clocked out.

3. elec_freak

elec_freak

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanx for the reply steve, I am able to count the pulses but when I am moving the a light over it precise pixel data I am not able to obtain . Can that be a problem with my coding??n Sorry if the question seems childish to you..

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    do you mean that you can't count each pixel as it comes out?

Do you have some well commented code that I can look at?

5. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    I have not done this kind of thing, but have looked into it to be able to do 360 degree scans... long story short I need more intel as I have only been able to find out that color is very difficult to do ;)
    From the looks of the datasheet though... you have four outputs to manage and you need to provide power and a clock to the chip. The fun part appears to be finding the change in voltage during the clock pulses.
    What are you trying to accomplish by reading a CCD with a PIC?

6. elec_freak

elec_freak

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks steve, i'll send you the code by this evening.Thanks Gryd3, actually i am trying to detect the exact position pixel wise of a moving object.

7. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Well, here's hoping you don't over complicate things... I often do.
    In case you decide to shy away from a linear CCD, you may find this resource interesting.
    http://opencv.org/

You may already know, but you may not. It never hurts to share.

Ask a Question