Connect with us

Cat DVR Alarm?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by RandomProjectGuy89, Mar 2, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. RandomProjectGuy89

RandomProjectGuy89

Mar 2, 2011
    I have a long haired cat who has taken up to laying on the DVR in my living room, apparently for the warmth. I'm afraid the cat hair is going to cause the DVR to overheat and possibly cause a fire. So to remedy this problem, I want to come up with an alarm that will sound when the pads on her feet make contact with the metal casing on the DVR. Is there a relatively simple schematic someone can recommend, or if someone could reccommend another method for what I'm trying to do, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm not trying to hurt my cat in any way, I'm just trying to create a Pavlov type conditioning to get her to stop what she's doing before my house burns down! Lol

Thanks I'm advance for any help!

2. RandomProjectGuy89

RandomProjectGuy89

Mar 2, 2011
    in* - iPhone autocorrect fail, lol

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    It would be probably easier to relocate the DVR so that the cat couldnt access it
    or maybe build an enclosure around it

Dave

Ask a Question