Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Casio Privia Digital Piano Won't Power Up

zphyr

Feb 12, 2017
So I have a weighted piano keyboard that got toppled over from its stand and from about 2 ft. No damage that I can see on the outside except a small crack in the plastic at the bottom. The power receptacle for the 12V DC was twisted up. So I did the following.

1. Replaced the 12 V DC supply with a new ones, the old one wasn't fitting properly into the receptacle and was too thin.

2. Got a new receptacle, took the old one off the PCB and sodered a new one in.

3 Plugged in the new supply and now I can see 12V coming through.

4 Did a continuity test of the switch and can see current.
4lif4brh4p0m4tleiwpii3gp7r5typ4r

But the piano is still not turning on.

Funny though, when I put direct current on the back side of the receptacle which is shown in the picture, and play around with it, the piano turns on sometimes. Not sure what is going on.

4lif4brh4p0m4tleiwpii3gp7r5typ4r

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Funny though, when I put direct current on the back side of the receptacle which is shown in the picture, and play around with it, the piano turns on sometimes. Not sure what is going on.
obviously something in the connector isn't making good contact

ALSO ... the replacement plugpack ... are you absolutely sure it has the same polarity on the plus as the old one ?
centre positive or centre negative ??

zphyr

Feb 12, 2017
The replacement adaptor has the opposite polarity! What you get for being a novice. Let me get a new one and try again.IMG_2286.JPG IMG_2265.JPG

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
The replacement adaptor has the opposite polarity! What you get for being a novice. Let me get a new one and try again.

lets hope the reverse polarity hasn't damaged other components in the keyboard