Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Carrying Case

Brian Smith

Oct 2, 2015
Hope this is applicable enough to be in this forum. I recently acquired a new job that requires me to bring electronic equipment around North America. I have to carry a Microsoft Lifecam, a 12" flex clip for the camera, an old (rather large) digital camera, a Verizon Mifi device, an AT&T Beam air card, a wireless mic transmitter and receiver (one that clips to shirt, not a full-sized microphone), a couple of smartphones and a 13" MacBook Pro. I need a case that I can carry all of this stuff in (possibly one for the equipment and a separate one for the Mac), that can fit easily into a luggage bag, as I fly at least 4 times a month, but will protect the stuff well and relatively mobile when I take it to my work site. Unfortunately, I'm not finding anything that would work well to carry either both the laptop and the equipment, or even just the equipment alone. I found one case that seemed to small (internal measurements 8x4x10), and one that seemed to big (21x11x14), but it's difficult since I don't exactly know how everything will fit into the case unless I actually have a case to put all of the stuff in. Does anyone have a suggestion of what would work well to fit everything in? I am posting this from work and the equipment is at home, so if pictures of everything would help I can't post them until later this evening. Thanks in advance.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
you are not going to find something specific
firstly .... is case going to be checked in luggage or carry on ??
if carry on, you may look at a reasonable sized camera bag ... look up the Lowepro brand -- http://www.lowepro.com/
they are soft and well padded but are definitely carry-on, not checked I have several for all my camera gear

if checked in luggage then a Pelican Case of suitable size is needed, then buying foam chunks of sizes to suit the base
and the lid, you would be able to do your own cut-outs in the foam to suit each bit of gear

I did something like that for all my telescope eyepieces and accessories

Dave