Connect with us

Carbidizer help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DSTiamat, Oct 12, 2012.

1. DSTiamat

DSTiamat

Oct 12, 2012
    Hello Ppl,

Im am new to this forum and am an absolute newbie in things electronics. I am making custom knives and got interested in carbide coating:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathodic_arc_deposition

There are some knifemakers that use this and have build theyr own carbidizer but dont want to share the blueprints of the device:
    http://www.knifewerks.com/images/Tools/Anoetcherdizer.htm

Can someone help me out in this case, help me build my own working carbidizer, it should not be really difficult .
    TY much
    DST

2. DSTiamat

DSTiamat

Oct 12, 2012
    Can noone help me further? The unit seems to be an ac/dc rectifier to about 50 v output. I alos read somewhere that it should generate impulses not continous current.
    DST

3. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    I'm sure someone can help, but I suspect no one knows off the top of their heads... And since we all do this for free in our spare time, doing homework and legwork to make a design doesn't usually play into a free offering...

If I find some time this weekend I will try to remember to look into this further, but no promises as my days can take a 180 degree turn in a moment...

4. DSTiamat

DSTiamat

Oct 12, 2012
    Hello,
    and sorry for the trouble but I got scared after trying for about 7 hours to find some plans, reading patents and finding almost nothing about it.I really appreciate any help, no need to hurry, Im glad that someone got aware of my post . Pls excuse me for my bad english.
    DST

5. DSTiamat

DSTiamat

Oct 12, 2012
    Hello ppl again,

Sorry to bother once again, but what I could get until now is that the source is working at 50-60 V DC and smthing about 160-500 W of power, i think that it also needs an capacitator to deliver pulsed current, but im not sure.
    DST

Ask a Question