Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Car Immobilizer

Yanni10

May 10, 2013
Why would your mobilizer of car that has given you no problem for 10 years all of a sudden not work on one occasion when you try to lock the car(central locking) with the mobilizer?

My mobilizer is now working perfectly. The only explanation I have, is that day as I was trying to lock the car with the mobilizer, someone was blocking my mobilizer signal with a jamming device(parasite signal). Is there any other logical explanation?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Yes, lots of possible explanations. Weak battery, corrosion or dirt on the battery terminals or other contacts in the transmitter, dry joints in the transmitter or receiver... Pretty much any kind of intermittent problem. There's no need to be paranoid... unless they reallly ARE out to get you! And BTW it's an immobilizer not a mobilizer.

Yanni10

May 10, 2013
Thanks for the information KrisBlue. There were other circumstances as well that made me think that maybe someone was trying to steal my car.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Car zappers are often run on a similar frequency to the 70cm amateur band and have negligible selectivity. A 10W transmitter nearby will stop the lock working.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Car zappers are often run on a similar frequency to the 70cm amateur band and have negligible selectivity. A 10W transmitter nearby will stop the lock working.

haha yup they do...

one morning when I was outside my work place anfd my boss arrived and parked
I happened to be talking to friends on the 70cm band .... he had a very difficult time trying to lock his car
I have to admit to playing it a bit, naughty me ;)

Dave