Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Capture infinite loop by consistently monitoring current consumption

Bin Lu

Apr 6, 2018
I recently come up an idea to make IOT system debugging much easier. It is patent-able. Wondering if any of you are interested in working together to make it a good sale.

Here are more detailed info:
1. Measure current in 30nA resolution in real time. yet keep dynamic range in 30nA - 1A
2. Having 2 wires JTAG interface. so that it will record program running history and the registers when the IOT gets into an infinite loop by measuring the current change.

I have hardware prototype ready. about to start software development. My contact: [moderator edit: E-Mail removed, please use private message for contacting the op]
Attached please find the screen shot of schematic and layout design.

Best regards.

Bin

Attachments

• CurrentMonitorDebugger.jpg
    CurrentMonitorDebugger.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Do you realize that for this dynamic range you need >24 bits of resolution?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Embedded systems are typically in an infinite loop all the time. A watchdog timer solves the problem you are trying to solve.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, US law now gives you 1 year to file the patent, since you disclosed it. After that it is prior art and is not patentable.

Bob

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Oh, and by the way, US law now gives you 1 year to file the patent,

Assuming someone else doesn't beat you to it. (US is a "first to file" jurisdiction isn't it?)

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
After you disclose no one else can file, and you have one year.

When I worked for Intel, if we proposed a patent and Intel decided it was not worth pursuiing, they would disclose it so no one else could patent the same idea.

Bob