Connect with us

capacitor replacements

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by Gary Woodruff, Mar 25, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Howdy, I have an older Harman Kardon that I am trying to replace the big
    caps in the ps. They are 27000uf 80.0v aprox 50mm*105mm. I have tried
    Mouser and Digikey as well as Newark. I cannot locate anyone who has
    these in stock with these specs. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

  2. Baron

    Baron Guest

    Gary Woodruff Inscribed thus:
    I belive "Nichon" (I think that spelling is right) have caps the go up
    to 80V in about that physical size.
  3. ehsjr

    ehsjr Guest

    Digikey part # 338-1991-ND is a 100 volt, 27,000 uF cap. The
    100V rating will work fine for you. Unfortunately, Digi has 0 in
    stock. You could contact them to ask when they will be in.

    Alternatively, you could email Cornell Dublier (CDE)
    or phone (508) 996-8561 to find out what distributors thay have,
    or if you can buy the caps directly from them. Their phone tech
    support is great - I don't know if their phone support for
    general inquiries is good.

  4. JosephKK

    JosephKK Guest

    I suspect you meant Nichicon. Nichon is the label frequently used by
    cheats parading as the real thing.
  5. Baron

    Baron Guest

    JosephKK Inscribed thus:
    Hi Joseph,
    Yes you are probably right. I got some replacements for a PSU a while
    back. I didn't keep the packaging with the order list, so the name
    spelling was from memory.

    If it helps I can request the data sheets for the parts that I was
    supplied with. If I recall they were 80VWG 64000uf.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day