Connect with us

Capacitor Help

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Reddave101, Mar 10, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Reddave101

Reddave101

Mar 10, 2020
    Tried a 110-35v and the screen dims straight out but put a 110-10v it stays on for 5 mins then goes off?? Strange putting a higher V won’t let it work??

2. Ylli

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
    As a start, you need to measure the voltage at collector and emitter of Q112, the voltage across D105, and the voltage at the emitter of Q111. And measure the resistance of R104. Then we can suggest possible defective parts and a path to proceed. Randomly changing the cap is not going to be a fix.

bertus likes this.
  3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Neither 35V or 10V is greater than or equal to 63V.

The critical thing is to measure the voltage across where the capacitor is.

4. Ylli

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
    MEASURE THE VALUE OF RESISTOR R104! Yes, I'm yelling. Use your soldering iron and lift one end of R104. Then set your Digital Multi-meter (DMM) to the ohms range and connect one test lead to each end of R104. Report what the meter reads.

If it reads 10 ohms, reinstall it and make the voltage measurements I've requested. Do this and I'll shut up - otherwise I'm going to keep yelling at you.

(*steve*) and Tha fios agaibh like this.
Ask a Question