Connect with us

capacitive touch sense

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by qweets, Oct 8, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. qweets

qweets

Sep 26, 2010
    hello : )

i wonder if anyone can help? i've been trying to solve this for two days with minimal success.

i am trying to make a touch sense circuit, so when I touch or go near a wire or metal touch plate a logic out is created from it.

i made a simple little circuit a few weeks ago with a couple of transistors it was very effective indeed, i did not even have to physically touch the wire for it to work ( not sure if it was a 2n7000 or a 2n2222?) but I just can't seem to replicate it, no matter how hard i try.: /

i wonder if anyone knows of a simple circuit that can do this? i am sure many of you have had the funny experience when you are building on a breadboard and you go to put your hand near a wire and one of the led's begins to get brighter. : )

i am finding it so hard to replicate that circuit.

any help would be great

p.s i tried a monostable 555 timer , it works o.k the touch is not very sensitive and as it loops the 5v logic out flickers 'off' very briefly. i tried to fix this with a capacitor, but i am still experimenting on this.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Doesn't get much simpler than this.

3. qweets

qweets

Sep 26, 2010
    hello

I tried to find one available for order but no luck so far, that is a great find though thanks Steve : ) . i wonder if the package will fit my breadboard? or an adaptor would be needed?
    i am only slightly experienced with electronics. so lots to learn.

thanks for any help on this guys.

Ask a Question